The Ford Mobility Motoring adaptive equipment reimbursement of up to $1,000 (or up to $200 for alert hearing devices, lumbar support or running boards) is available on any eligible Ford vehicle purchased or leased from a U.S. Ford Dealer during the program period. Maximum reimbursement per vehicle is $1,000.
For example: If the cost of adding adaptive equipment is less than $1,000, your cash reimbursement will be for the exact amount of the eligible adaptive equipment.
- All new Ford cars, vans, CUVs, SUVs and trucks sold or leased during the program period are eligible in the Ford Mobility Motoring Program.
- New vehicles acquired from a U.S. Ford Authorized Pool Converter are also eligible.
- Eligible vehicles must have the qualifying adaptive equipment installed within one year of reported purchase/lease date to the ultimate consumer.
- Used vehicles, including those previously in rental service, lease service or repurchased vehicles available for resale are not eligible.
Modification & Adaptive Equipment Eligibility
- Major structural vehicle modifications to accommodate the installation of a wheelchair lift or ramp MUST be completed by a Ford-authorized Qualified Vehicle Modifier (QVM) to be eligible for reimbursement.
- Raised roof and lowered floor conversions alone do not meet the eligibility requirements. Documentation must show that mobility adaptive equipment (such as a wheelchair lift, ramp or adaptive controls) was installed on the vehicle.
- Adaptive equipment is defined as devices that make it easier for persons with permanent physical disabilities to drive or be transported in a vehicle.
- Customer must be the end-user of the vehicle that requires installation of qualifying adaptive driving or assistance equipment, or passenger aid equipment.
- The end-user may also be defined as an organization, church, assisted living facility, nursing home, municipality, city, state or federal government.
- Claims may be made for adaptive equipment required by a family member of the owner/lessee of an eligible vehicle, providing the equipment is permanently fitted to the vehicle